Saturday, April 10, 2010

On the Plane

3.30.10

While I sit here on the plane next to the oddly smelling man in 7B, I am trying to picture what Germany will be like. I think that the architecture will be similar to Italy, a mix of baroque and renaissance styles, but with modern influence. The inside of each building will be intricate in the small towns, but in the bigger cities, the western cultures’ influence will be more prominent. I imagine the people of Germany to be less friendly to Americans on the streets, because that is normally the case when you travel to a foreign country. In relation to the Holocaust, I believe that Germans have come to terms with their history and have moved on. If they wanted to completely forget and “cover it up” I think they would have just gotten rid of the concentration camps and memorials. Overall, I think traveling is about experiencing the country based on what you know, not what other people thought of. So when I travel, I always leave stereotypes behind when it comes to people so it doesn't alter my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment